Everest Premier League 2020
Everest Premier League 2020 is all set to start from March 14 to March 28 at TU Cricket Ground, Kirtipur. The fourth edition of the league is expected to be much more bigger than ever. The league is regarded as best league in Nepal. However, the other leagues, Dhangadi Premier League, Pokhara Premier League have equal importance. Alike last editions, total six franchise based teams will be playing in the league.
Teams in Everest Premier League 2020
Total six franchise based teams will be playing for the glory. The teams are:
- Lalitpur Patriots
- Kathmandu Kings XI
- Bhairahawa Gladiators
- Chitwan Tigers
- Biratnagar Warriors
- Pokhara Rhinos
Lalitpur Patriots are the defending champions of the league whereas, Bhairahawa Gladiators are the losing finalist of last edition.
The six marque players of the league is given below:
- Gyanendra Malla- Lalitpur Patriots
- Dipendra Singh Airee- Kathmandu Kings XI
- Sharad Veswakar- Bhairahawa Gladiators
- Sompal Kami- Chitwan Tigers
- Paras Khadka- Biratnagar Warriors
- Binod Bhandari- Pokhara Rhinos
Everest Premier League 2020: All squad list
- Bhairahawa Gladiators: Sharad Vesawkar, Pradeep Airee, Aarif Sheikh, Rohit Kumar Paudel, Bhuwan Karki, Kushal Malla, Abinash Bohara, Krishna Karki, Harishankar Shah, Dipesh Shrestha, Himanshu Dutta, Bikash Agri.
- Biratnagar Warriors: Paras Khadka, Karan KC, Basant Regmi, Aasif Sheikh, Anil Sah, Sumit Maharjan, Ramnaresh Giri, Hari Bahadur Chauhan, Anil Kharel, Bikram Kumar Bhusal, Saurav Khanal.
- Chitwan Tigers: Sompal Kami, Dilip Nath, Lalit Bhandari, Bhim Sharki, Ishan Pandey, Sandeep Sunar, Kamal Singh Airee, Shahab Alam, Sagar Dhakal, Aadil Khan, Khadak Bohara.
- Kathmandu Kings XI: Dipendra Singh Airee, Sandeep Lamichhane, Jitendra Mukhiya, Subash Khakurel, Amrit Bhattarai, Amit Shrestha, Raju Rijal, Md Samsad Sheikh, Amar Singh Routela, Akash Chand, Sher Malla, Dipendra Rawat.
- Lalitpur Patriots: Gyanendra Malla, Lalit Rajbanshi, Pawan Sarraf, Sundeep Jora, Kushal Bhurtel, Shankar Rana, Sonu Tamang, Rasid Khan, Yogendra Singh Karki, Surya Tamang, Narayan Joshi.
- Pokhara Rhinos: Binod Bhandari, Prithu Baskota, Sunil Dhamala, Sushan Bhari, Kishore Mahato, Bikram Sob, Bipin Khatri, Nandan Yadav, Rit Gautam, Lokesh Bam, Dev Shah, Bipin Rawal, Bibek Kumar Yadav.
The fourth edition of Everest Premier League is expected to be grand than ever as many big names in global cricket are joining the league this time. Former South African skipper Hasim Amla, the universe boss Chris Gayle, Dwayne Smith are few names, that Nepal is welcoming this year.
The foreign Players to play the Everest Premier League 2020 are all follows:
- Dwayne Smith – Bhairahawa
- Mohammad Shahzad – Chitwan Tigers
- Paul Stirling – Chitwan Tigers
- Kevin O’Brien – Kathmandu Kings XI
- Upul Tharanga – Lalitpur Patriots
- Chris Gayle – Pokhara Rhinos
- Hashim Amla – Pokhara Rhinos
- Liam Plunkett – N/A
- Kesrick Williams – Pokhara Rhinos
- Seekkuge Prasanna – N/A
- Kevin O’Brien – Kathmandu Kings XI
- Hammad Azam – Lalitpur Patriots
- Hassan Khan – Lalitpur Patriots
- Mir Hamza – Lalitpur Patriots
Everest Premier League 2020 Fixtures
Everest Premier League 2020 Live Streaming TV Channel
For the very first time, Nepali domestic league is being live telecast in foreign TV Channels. The EPL Pvt. Ltd. has sold the TV rights to Lex Sportel Vision, an Indian based company. The Indian sports channel DSport was under the radar of Lex Sportel Vision. However, both parties have now parted their ways. The Lex Sportel Vision has now launch a new TV channel, named 1Sports. In last edition, Nepali TV channel AP1 HD was the broadcasting partner of the league.
Previously, DSport was supposed to live stream the Everest Premier League 2020. But now, the league will be broadcasted in 1Sports.
The live streaming will be of advanced form. There will be 12 to 15 HD cameras with 40x zoom lenses, 3rd umpire for line decisions, full cricket graphics and computerized programs for scores and statistics along with international commentators. The broadcast will be on English.